Top Remote Job Opportunities: Companies Hiring Right Now
- by Cerity
- May 22, 2020
Seemingly overnight, the novel coronavirus swept in and upended the normal daily routines of everyone on a global scale. The mandatory closing of nonessential businesses means that individuals all over the world are suddenly facing lengthy furloughs or being laid off entirely.
The 2020 unemployment rate jumped from 3.5% to 4.4% in March to over 14% in early May and will inevitably continue to rise in the midst of this job market collapse. Of course, we’re all hoping for the best and remaining hopeful that many of these jobs will return once the “shelter-in-place” guidelines have been lifted. But it’s also important to be realistic, and that means preparing for the worst.
If you’ve been laid off or furloughed in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, you may be feeling panicked and uncertain right now. The good news is that despite countless layoffs by many companies, plenty of businesses are still running and even hiring new employees — including remote positions. Read on to discover some of the companies that are currently hiring remote employees, so you can get back to work — no matter your industry — and remain safe while doing so.
Work-from-Home Jobs You Can Get Now
From customer service to IT, education, health, and more, we’ve rounded up some of the top companies that are currently hiring new full-time and part-time employees to fill remote working jobs.
- Liveops — Liveops is a cloud contact and customer service solutions center. The Scottsdale, Arizona–based company is currently searching for call center representatives who can work remotely.
- Continuum Global Solutions — This customer care provider for companies worldwide offers inbound and outbound solutions across various contact channels. CGS is currently hiring remote call center representatives.
- Motorola Solutions — This data communications and telecommunications equipment provider is the successor to Motorola Inc. They offer mission-critical communications products, solutions, and services for communities and businesses. The company is currently hiring remote sales managers and executives.
- Hubspot — Hubspot is a developer and marketer of software products. They offer software, support, and services in inbound marketing and sales. The company is currently hiring remote account managers and account executives.
Medical and Health
- UnitedHealth Group — As one of the largest healthcare benefits and insurance providers, UHG is currently hiring registered nurse coordinators, triage RN case managers, and registered nurse coordinators.
- CVS Health — CVS Health, the healthcare company that owns CVS Pharmacy, CVS Caremark, and Aetna, is the largest US provider of healthcare services and prescriptions. They’re currently hiring registered nurses, pharmacists, and more.
- Humana — Humana is a leading healthcare company that offers insurance, health and wellness services, and more.
Computer & IT
- Oracle — Based in Redwood Shores, California, this computer technology corporation offers cloud applications and platform services. They’re currently hiring engineers and administrators.
- LiveArea — LiveArea is a global customer experience and commerce agency for B2C and B2B brands offering design, strategy, technology, and digital marketing best practices. They’re currently hiring engineers and architects.
Education & Training
- K12 — This education company provides online schooling and curricula for public school students from kindergarten to 12th grade. They’re currently hiring teachers of various backgrounds, including substitute teachers.
- Great Minds — Great Minds provides comprehensive education, including a complete range of liberal arts and science programs, for pre-K through 12th grade. They’re currently hiring authors and developers.
Accounting & Finance
- Citizens Bank — Citizens Bank is one of the oldest financial institutions in the country, offering personal and business banking, student loans, home equity products, credit cards, and more. They’re currently hiring analysts and sales managers.
- JPMorgan Chase — JPMorgan Chase is a global financial services firm and one of the largest banking institutions in the United States, with operations worldwide. They’re currently hiring collateral specialists and control managers.
- Dell — This multinational company develops, sells, repairs, and supports computers and related products and services. They’re currently hiring executives and managers.
- Amazon — As the largest online retailer in the world, Amazon focuses on e-commerce, as well as cloud computing, digital streaming, and artificial intelligence. They’re currently hiring security specialists and marketing managers.
Of course, the status of these available jobs will be quickly changing as the newly unemployed scramble for new opportunities, so time is of the essence. If none of these positions seem well-suited for you, there are plenty of other job sites you can check out that focus specifically on work-from-home opportunities, including:
Looking for Workers’ Comp Insurance?
It’s not just employees who have to protect themselves from unexpected circumstances — employers do, too. If you’re looking for a strong insurance plan that will protect your employees and your business, you’ve come to the right place. At Cerity, we make shopping for affordable and comprehensive workers’ compensation coverage quick and easy, and our policies take effect immediately. Get a free instant quote here.