Information We Collect and Receive
Cerity may collect and receive information and data in a variety of ways:
- Providing the Services.
Information collected while providing the Services may include but is not limited to social security number, federal employee ID number, insurance claim history, transaction history, loss history, employment information, payroll, medical information (only in connection with claims), or additional questions related to nature of business operations.
You provide us with information when you:
- Request a quote.
- Purchase an insurance policy.
- Register or log in to your account.
- Subscribe to our newsletters or articles.
- Request a white paper.
- File a claim.
- Request loss control services.
- Renew your policy.
- Provide payroll and other compensation for your policy.
- Request assistance from our member services / customer support team via phone, online chat, web form, email or other methods of contact.
- Provide any other information during the usage of the Services.
In addition, Cerity may gather information about you from third party data services.
- Usage Information. Cerity collects information about how you use the Services and the devices you use to access the Services. This information includes, for example:
- IP address.
- Sites you visited prior to visiting the Services (referrers).
- Geographical position.
- Device(s) used to access Services.
- Operating system(s) used to access Services.
- Browser(s) used to access Services.
- Time spent on Services and on specific features of Services.
- Actions within the Services.
- Information input by you during usage of the Services.
- Error and event logs generated during usage of Services.
- Additional Services offered by common web analytics tools.
- For marketing and analytics purposes.
- To collect, store and track information, such as the usage information described above, for statistical purposes, marketing purposes and to improve the Services.
- Third party cookies are used and include any analytics, social media, email service and advertising platforms in use by Cerity including but not limited to Google, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and SendGrid.
- To save your settings and to customize and personalize the Services.
- To provide you tailored advertising on our Services and elsewhere.
- Third Party Services.
- Third party services also include analytics, social media, email service and advertising platforms in use by Cerity including but not limited to Google, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Hotjar, Fullstory, AdForm, TradeDesk and SendGrid.
- Cerity collects and combines information and data across all third party services used.
How We Use Your Information
Cerity uses your information to provide the Services and to operate our business, including:
- To provide, update, maintain, and improve the Services.
- To send emails, standard mail, and other communications.
- To quote, renew, non-renew, endorse, and to manage your policy.
- To process transactions.
- To test and develop new features.
- To market the Services or events.
- To analyze usage of the Services.
- To notify you of Service updates.
- To respond to your requests, comments, and questions.
- To prevent and investigate security issues, fraud, and abuse.
- To conduct benchmarking, analytics, and industry analysis.
- As required by applicable law, regulation, or legal process.
How We Share and Disclose Information
- Service Providers. We may share your information with other companies that help support our business, including administering policies and claims, loss control firms, medical professionals and for marketing purposes.
- Insurance Rating Organizations and Bureaus. We may share your information with insurance bureaus for insurance industry rating and analytics.
- Affiliates. We may share your information amongst Cerity Services, Inc. and Employers Insurance Company of Nevada as well as with our corporate parents or subsidiaries for information about transactions and experiences.
- Business Transactions. We may share your information in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization, financing, sale of some or all of our assets, or similar transaction.
- Aggregated or Anonymized Data. We may share or use aggregated or anonymized data for our business purposes.
- With Your Consent. We may share your information with other third parties in accordance with your instructions and with your consent.
- Data provided by you during usage of Services and is not anonymized may be retained for up to fifteen (15) years after usage of Services by you ceases.
- Data provided by you during usage of Services and is anonymized may be retained in perpetuity.
- Data collected for analysis and marketing purposes will be retained for up to ten (10) years.
How We Protect Your Information
Cerity has security measures in place to protect information under our control based on the current state of technology and the sensitivity of the information we collect, store, and process. Although we take steps to protect information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access or disclosure, we cannot guarantee that information transmitted over the Internet and the Services are absolutely secure.
You may opt out of email marketing by sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject of your email must include “OPT OUT” and the body of the email must include your name, email address, and a written request to be removed from email marketing.
You may also opt out by sending a letter through the US Postal Service. The letter must include a subject of “OPT OUT” and the body of the email must include your name, email address, mailing address and a written request to be removed from email marketing. The letter must be sent to:
PO Box 1389
Austin, TX 78767
Marketing emails may also include an option to unsubscribe by clicking a link within the email.
The Services are not directed to children under the age of 13 (“Minors”), and Cerity does not knowingly collect information from Minors.
How to Contact Cerity
PO Box 1389
Austin, TX 78767